Who is Prosek?
We are entrepreneurial. Prosek is one of the largest independent PR and firms in the U.K. and U.S., with offices and strategic partners across the country and worldwide. We are specialised. Prosek provides unparalleled expertise with financial and professional services companies. We are people-centric. Our teams work together in a collegial atmosphere that breeds professional respect and friendship. We are award-winning. Join an "Army of Entrepreneurs" that was recently named 2021 Global Corporate/Financial Agency of the Year by PRovoke Media.
We're currently seeking an Account Director to join our growing team. The Account Director (AD) plays a lead role on their accounts, with various responsibilities as listed below. They are expected to not only demonstrate exceptional media relations skills, but also manage multiple projects and people. Additionally, as leaders and ambassadors of the firm, ADs should mentor and inspire their junior team members and peers.
At Prosek, all members of our team are expected to be strong team players participating in brainstorms and creative strategy planning for clients and internal projects alike. Each member is encouraged to be entrepreneurial in their work, building their network with media and new business prospects and is considered the "writer of their own story" here at Prosek. We encourage "unboxed" thinking and expect clever, witty, quick ideas from each member of our company.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead your team so it delivers media results for your clients and use personal media contacts to secure effective media results
- Motivate and mentor junior staff to work effectively with journalists in the best interest of Prosek's clients
- Participate in and conduct media training sessions and media interviews
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the PR craft and your client's industries, competitive environments, businesses and business plans
- Serve as the day-to-day client contact and manage team's work including reviewing and editing all client materials
- Provide solutions and suggestions to senior staff about how to troubleshoot client-related problems and help team respond to crisis situations
- Manage financial operations for client accounts; oversee creation and ongoing monitoring of program budgets
- Be responsible for reviewing and editing all written materials developed by account team and assist team members with fine-tuning their writing skills
- Write and develop strategic, persuasive client documents and presentations including first drafts of senior-level editorial assignments such as speeches, articles, bylines and opinion-editorials (op-eds)
- Help to create and take formal speaking role in client and new business presentations and also identify speaking opportunities for senior management
- Manage the flow of account work among junior team members to ensure that client objectives are met
- Act as "champion" of the team and ensure that the staff is motivated, engaged and working to potential and proactively give team members feedback
- Take the initiative to seek new business opportunities, both from current and new clients; present new ideas to senior managers
What makes you qualified:
- 5-10 years of experience
- B.A. in Public Relations, Communications, or a related field
- Strong interest in financial services, professional services, technology and/or B2B communications
- Adept in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- You have an eye for detail, ensuring quality assurance for team/account deliverables
- You're eager to actively participate in agency-wide events and activities and market Prosek to your clients and establish and maintain the reputation and perceived value of the agency
What are the perks?
- Premium healthcare plans, including medical and vision coverage: Your health comes first.
- Pension match of 4.5%: There is no time like the present to prepare for your future!
- Hybrid work model: 2 days in the office, 3 days from home - Pick your own schedule.
- 2 weeks of remote work per year: You do you!
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) package including birthday PTO and 6 "It's Ok" days: Enjoy life's moments.
- Custom career opportunities: Choose your own adventure!
Our Core Values:
- Chemistry, Collaboration and Belonging: Our collegial culture inspires people with different perspectives and backgrounds to work towards common goals as we brainstorm, plan and execute on behalf of our clients and to build our business together.
- Grit and Hustle: We work hard. We roll up our sleeves. We are not precious or pretentious. We do not take short cuts. Instead, we put in the work and do what it takes to get the job done.
- The Excitement of New Challenges: We view challenges as opportunities and embrace them. They motivate us to learn and grow so that we can be the best versions of ourselves, for our clients and each other.
- A Workplace with Humanity: We recognise the rigor and demand of our work. We also recognise that life inside and outside of Prosek can be stressful. We work very hard to run our business with a heavy dose of humanity and to make Prosek a safe place where people enjoy the work and each other.
Prosek Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Website | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram