Public Relations Development Program for Recent College Graduates
At Prosek Partners, the stories we tell impact the global economy.
Prosek's PR Development Program offers post graduate students the opportunity to launch their careers in financial communications. Our 4-month program is designed to train the next generation of PR agency professionals.
In this program, you'll get the chance to work in a fast-paced environment alongside some of the biggest household financial services names in the world. You'll develop your media relations and writing skills while learning the intricacies of financial services and professional services.
Program Overview and Responsibilities
Real Work Experience
Prosek Apprentices will:
- Develop a strong knowledge of the media landscape by building media lists, pitching and establishing relationships with journalists.
- Become an expert in reading and analysing news trends and developing timely pitch angles
- Write content (messaging, press releases and pitches) to propel your clients' brands.
- Take an owner's role in every element of account execution by keeping track of action items, taking thorough notes during internal and client calls and tracking the team's progress as it relates to media opportunities and progress across projects.
- Become a master researcher by participating in the business development process.
Professional Development and Training
Prosek's Boot Camp program is a curriculum curated and taught by top leaders across the firm throughout the program. Our Boot Camps are designed to educate Apprentices on both PR and our client sectors. Topics of education include:
- Capital Markets and Asset Management
- Professional Services and Financial Technology
- Media Training and Reporter Relationship Building
- Crisis Communications and Special Situations
- Wealth Management and Banking
- Client Readiness
Internal Network and Support
We invest heavily into the growth and support for our Prosek Apprentices, pairing each Apprentice with a manager, a media buddy and a mentor.
- Managers are responsible for identifying their Apprentice's strengths, areas for development, and interests to ensure they're given the right tools to succeed.
- Media buddies help Apprentices navigate the financial media landscape and develop their media relations skills.
- Mentors provide support to Apprentices as they acclimate to a new environment and corporate culture.
The goal of Prosek's PR Development Program is to provide the opportunity for Apprentices to develop into Junior Account Executives by the end of the program.
Experience and Qualifications
- Completed BA degree by the start of the program.
- Strong interest in financial services, professional services and B2B communications.
- Possess a team player mindset and willingness to work collaboratively.
- Have solid research and critical thinking skills along with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Extreme attention to detail is a must.
- Strongly encouraged (but not required) to have prior PR internship(s).
Prosek Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.