LatAm Media Gaze: October 17, 2016
- Fitch re-affirmed Argentina's sovereign rating at 'B', outlook stable. The news comes after several moves by President Mauricio Macri, elected in 2015, designed to repair the nation's relationships with the international investment community.
- Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos announced an extension to a cease fire with the FARC (the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia) through December 31st. The news comes after an October referendum ratifying the agreed-upon peace treaty that would have ended 50 years of civil warfare, was shockingly rejected by Colombian voters.
- Venezuela's state-owned oil company PDVSA is suing national newspaper El Nuevo Pais for defamation and damaging efforts towards the country's soliciting investors for a $5.3 billion bond swap offer.
- End of Week Market Updates
- Argentina (Merval): +1.63%
- Brazil (Bovespa): +1.05%
- Chile (IPSA) +1.62%
- Colombia (IGBC): -0.18%
- Mexico (IPC): -0.08%