Media Navel Gaze: March 28, 2016
ISIS claimed responsibility for the terrorist attacks in Brussels last week, which killed as many as 31 and wounded hundreds and were directly linked to the Paris bombings, raising concerns about the next wave in Europe even as a senior ISIS leader was killed, the second top commander this month. A suicide bomber killed 67 in Pakistan, targeting Christians on Easter Sunday, grimly making news reports these days obituaries.
- Taking a Gaze break from election coverage, so . . .
- The IRS is doing some creative crowdsourcing of sorts, offering $10,000 to see who can design a better user experience online so now one day the taxman may tweetheth;
- Snapchat is buying Bitstrips for $100 million or a zillion smiley faces;
- After its recent winning streak, the Dow lost nearly half a percentage point to end Thursday at 17,515;
- Playboy is for sale so maybe that why it put on some clothes; and
- Gary Shandling died.