UK Privacy & GDPR
This privacy notice discloses our UK privacy practices as they relate to GDPR and defines (i) what personal data we collect from reporters, clients, prospective clients and other individuals we interact with in a professional capacity as a provider of public relations, marketing communications and strategic corporate communications services, (ii) how we may use and share the data, (iii) how we treat it (iv) for how long we will keep it, and (v) your rights as they relate to personal data.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is held, processed and treated securely. We collect and handle all personal data in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations that manage data privacy, security and protection.
For the purposes of this policy, ‘personal data’ means information such as an individual’s name, contact details, address, professional biographical information and areas of interest. This information may be held either physically or electronically.
We reserve the right to update this policy as and when it becomes necessary. Please ensure you check back regularly to ensure you are fully aware of the most recent version of the policy.
Sections within this policy are as follows:
- How we may collect personal data
- What personal data may we collect, process and hold
- Cookies and information collected on our website
- How we may use your personal data
- How we may share your personal data
- Our commitment to data security and protection
- Other disclosures we may make
- The legal basis for processing personal data
- How long we will keep personal data
- Your rights as they relate to personal data
- Contacting the regulator
- Contacting us
1. How we may collect personal data
The personal data we collect and hold may have been obtained directly from you or from publicly available sources.
We may collect personal data through one or more of the following methods:
- If you register for one of our events
- If you email or call us with an enquiry
- If you share your details via our website
- If your information is on your employer’s or publisher’s website
- If you exchange your business card or contact details with a Prosek member of staff
- If you follow Prosek on one of our social media channels, or if your social media profile is publicly viewable
- If your information appears in an article, blog or publicly available newsletter
- If you have participated in a public broadcast
- If your information is contained on a media intelligence database or similar service provider
- Other publicly available sources
2. What personal data might we collect, process and hold
During the course of our professional activities, we may collect the following information:
- Contact details including email address, telephone number and profile details for social media platforms
- Job title
- Current employer’s name and address
- Employment history
- Educational history
- Any other information you may have provided to us
3. Cookies and information collected on our website
4. How we may use your personal data
- To manage and execute our professional activities as a provider of public relations, marketing communications and strategic corporate communications services
- To provide you with information about us and the services we provide
- To contact you on behalf of our clients, for instance sharing press releases, news alerts and other relevant updates
- To inform you about relevant events we may be holding or managing on behalf of our clients
- To create, maintain and update relevant and targeted contact lists and databases
- To send you periodic marketing materials and / or promotional materials
- To provide you with the services or information you may have requested from us as it may pertain to Prosek, our clients or any other lawful request which may relate to our professional activities or unique market knowledge
- To comply with all relevant laws and / or regulations
- To keep a record of any communication from you or agreements with you that we may hold
5. How we may share your personal data
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organisation, except if necessary to fulfill a request in our professional capacity as a provider of public relations, marketing communications and strategic corporate communications services.
From time to time, we may share specific journalist details with our clients to ensure that journalists receive relevant and accurate communications.
Additionally, we may share your personal data with members of our group or professional partnership network.
Holding and using accurate personal data enables Prosek to tailor the information it may distribute among its professional network which includes, but is not limited to, reporters, clients, prospective clients and other individuals we interact with in a professional capacity. This benefits our professional network as it means they receive relevant information that may be helpful for them to perform their role. Prosek will always aim to facilitate efficient communication among its professional network while observing the highest possible standards.
We may store or transfer your personal data outside of the European Union (EU) and onto secure shared servers which are owned and managed by Prosek LLC and located in the United States of America. Where such a transfer takes place, your personal data is safeguarded in accordance with the same standards that apply in the United Kingdom.
6. Our commitment to data security and protection
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via our website, your information is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. This access list is reviewed in accordance with our internal governance policies and procedures.
The computers / servers which store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
7. Other disclosures we may make
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you or the person that you work for; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of child protection, fraud protection, or credit risk reduction.
- If the relevant information is required for lawful purposes by companies and / or organisations that act as our service providers, who handle that data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions under contract
- To protect our rights, property or safety. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of protecting ourselves against fraud or safeguarding ourselves from illegal activity
- In the event that we transact with a third party and purchase or sell any business or assets
- If Prosek is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held may be one of the transferred assets
8. The legal basis for processing personal data
We may process personal data for the purposes of our legitimate professional activities as a provider of public relations, marketing communications and strategic corporate communications services.
- We believe that processing your data in the ways outlined above benefits the individuals within our professional network. The recipients of information we may share will receive focused information which is relevant to their role. We may process your personal data as follows:
- Where we need to use your personal data for our legitimate professional activities as detailed above
- When you have freely provided your specific, informed and unambiguous consent to us using your personal data for particular purposes
- If we agree to provide a product and / or service to you, in order to take any pre-contract steps at your request and / or to perform our contractual obligations
- Where we need to collect, process or hold your personal data to comply with a legal and / or regulatory obligation
9. How long we will keep personal data
We will keep and process personal data for as long as is relevant to the purpose for which it was originally collected. As and when it is no longer necessary, it will be deleted or archived except if it is necessary for us to continue to hold it in order to comply with legal and / or regulatory obligations to which we are subject or for another legitimate and lawful purpose.
10. Your rights as they relate to personal data
It is important to know your rights as they relate to your access to and control over the personal data we hold on you.
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via our online contact form:
- See what data we hold about you, if any
- Change / correct any data we hold about you
- Have us delete any data we hold about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of the data we hold about you
11. Contacting the regulator
The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the United Kingdom and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data. Please visit https://ico.org.uk for further information.
12. Contacting us
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights as they relate to personal data or if you have any concerns about how we use your personal data, please contact us via our online contact form. You can also contact us by post at: Prosek Partners, 1 Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1BR.
When you make any request, you may be required to provide us with appropriate evidence so that we can verify your identity before we can respond.